Monday, September 26, 2005

Negative Publicity & Google

I searched for 'underchuckle' today on Google, and the blog finally shows up! So I'm taking this opportunity, which not-so-coincidentally follows coming home to a second-floor window screen lying -bent and twisted - on the ground in front of our house, to extoll the virtues of the Patterson Park Community Development Corporation. They're the people who we bought the house from, and who offer a one-year comprehensive warranty that is taking them 18 months and counting to fulfill the terms of. They can't measure for or install window screens properly. They can't seem to find a decent plumber. Their customer service response time is measured in months. The list goes on.

Hopefully, Google will continue to work its magic, and all of my blog entries will be indexed someday. And they just maybe, aspiring homeowners who are contemplating a move to the Patterson Park neighborhood and are thinking of buying from the nice people at the CDC will Google said company, and will find this entry. To those visitors, I sincerely beseech you - don't do it. It may seem like a good deal, but dealing with them and their semi-skilled contractors will beget nothing but frustration. Trust me, I've been there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should do the same thing for Armstrong Moving, a United mover in the RDU area, who moved us to San Francisco, and then proceeded to charge us almost 25-30% more than our move was estimated for. (We should so have gotten a bonded estimate. They would have been forced to eat it.)

The use of negative publicity can be a powerful thing. Employ it well.

Lis

underchuckle said...

Actually Lis, I think a JAMES Bonded estimate would have been better, that way they'd have been forced to eat it shaken (not stirred).

[Yes, I realize that was cringe-inducingly awful. Oh well it's my blog, I can be painfully un-funny whenever I want! Hehehe!]

Anonymous said...

Our stuff was totally shaken by the time it got to SF, so yer bad pun ain't so far off.

Lis