Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Anyone Want Some Concrete?

So I'm having some trouble trying to get rid of all this busted-up concrete that's in our back "yard". Seems that the people who work at concrete recycling companies aren't known for the breadth of their knowledge on those companies' operations. For example, a woman at a local facility could tell me how much they charge for disposal (a nominal $30 fee, no matter how much concrete you have) and how much they charge to drop a dumpster near your house ($75), but not how much to pick up said dumpster. Huh? So she gave me another phone number to call to get that information, and they evidently aren't able to pick up the phone when it rings. The other local place I've tried has still yet to answer their damn phone! I suppose I'm just surprised - and disappointed - that the concrete recycling industry in Baltimore doesn't attract the best and brightest in the construction refuse business.

And yes, I know, I promised to post photos of the concrete rubble and the results of punk-on-a-dirtbike vs. iron railing. What can I say, I have been remiss. I'll post them tomorrow, I promise!

I'm going to a Nationals game with my brother tonight, versus Barry Bonds and the Gigantes. He homered last night at RFK, we'll see if he can make it two nights in a row. The big question of course is, what's he on now? Some stealth steroid? HGH? Or a super-new, high-octane flaxseed oil? We'll probably never know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very remiss. Post!

Lis