Wednesday, September 14, 2005

BB King, Maryland Wine

This past Sunday, thanks to Amy & Matt, we saw B.B. King at Wolf Trap. I had never been to Wolf Trap in all my years in this area, and I was impressed. Not so much with the sound or view, which were both excellent, but with the fact that on the lawn, you can bring whatever you want to eat or drink. Beer, wine, food; we had it all! Even crackers and cheese. We blended almost seamlessly into the vast lawn of yuppies. I had no idea that B.B. King was almost 80 years old! He'll actually be 80 this Friday. He took long breaks between songs to tell stories and jokes, and never played Lucille for very long stretches, but whaddya want, the dude is 80! He can still sing and still play though, and it was a great show all around.

This weekend is the Maryland Wine Festival, out in Westminster. Yeah, I know, I'm more of a beer drinker too. But we've been the past couple years, and it's a good time (because of all the wine, mostly). It's open both Saturday and Sunday - if you're interested in going, let me know and maybe we can arrange a delightful group outing on one of those days.

No comments: