Monday, June 13, 2005

Busy Weekend

  • Out for Cal's birthday Friday night. Franklins on Route 1 in Hyattsville, very good beers but the decor was too cheerful, in my opinion.
  • Shopping for patio stone, movie Saturday (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I thought it was great, lots of fun)
  • 7-mile race early Sunday morning. I was pretty happy with my results, 1:01:57 for a pace of 8:51 (don't ask me why the pace they have on the results page is the gun time pace, the net time pace is what really counts). Not bad for me, especially considering how miserable it was that morning (heat, humidity), and that I didn't exactly have the luckiest bib number - 666. On the other hand, it was a very flat course. I'd sure like to move up in my division though, 27/47 is OK but not great.
  • Six Flags America trip w/Jenny, Tammie, Liz, and Jarriel the rest of Sunday. A good time, we hit all the major coasters very quickly; because of how hot and humid it was, we suspected that everyone was at the water park. Later, we visited said water park and it was pretty damn crowded (we didn't stay long). Their Batwing coaster featured a car design that I hadn't seen before, where you're sitting, but completely horizontal with the track. When the cars invert below the track, you're basically hanging from the various restraints. It's a freaky feeling that wasn't all that comfortable at first, but I got used to it after 30 seconds or so. Neat idea, but why isn't it a Superman themed ride? Because it looks and feels like Superman flying more than anything Batman-related.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should bring Jen out to SF next spring and you could do Bay to Breakers. (There's only the Hayes Street Hill section to really worry about. The rest is flat or downhill.)