Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Graphical Ads Coming For Google

Greg alerted me to this in a comment from a previous post. Yuck. That's putting it a bit more mildly than this blogger.

No big deal though - once the Google/AOL banner ads start appearing on Google search results, just go to Tools -> Options -> Content tab -> Exceptions button next to 'Load Images' -> Address of web site: google.com -> Block button. There, future Google-corruption crisis averted! This is assuming you're using Firefox - maybe IE has a similar feature, but I don't use IE so I wouldn't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, but, but....as an artist I use Google's image search to get quick reference shots all the time. Blocking the images won't do me any good. :(

underchuckle said...

Maybe block www.google.com and explicity allow images.google.com? Just an idea, not sure if it will work though.