Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Sin City Easter

Tomorrow I'm off to Vegas with a bunch of other guys for a bachelor party. Over Easter weekend. Didn't bother me too much months ago when the date was changed from the previous weekend in order to save $$ (about $150 each, I think). But I find that now it bothers me more than I thought. I know that when I get there, I'll have a great time. And Jarriel's one of the nicest guys I know, there's no way I would miss this. But it will be strange not being with the family at church. And I can't help but think that the Resurrected One himself wouldn't approve, but who knows - I'm not going to presume to speak for Him (as so many in this fine nation like to do, silly religious right! Yes, in case you're wondering, I hate freedom.)

One the other hand, I had fun last weekend with Jenny and my parents, going up to New York, and I wouldn't have been able to see Steve's family or Ben's show if I had been in Vegas. And a few of us are going to see Elvis Costello on Friday night, so that will be sweet. And nobody's going to hold a gun to my head and force me to hit the strip clubs on Good Friday (those are off my list for this trip, my hypocrisy does have its bounds!). Plus, the tournament's still going on, what's more wholesome then celebrating the achievements of those fine scholar-athletes by placing harmless bets on the outcome of their sports contests? I'm feeling better about this trip already!

No comments: