Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Songwriter Extraordinaire

Anyone who digs great - and usually hilarious - music should check out Jonathan Coulton, a musician who's Thing a Week is currently my favorite podcast. He's got a little something for almost everyone! Here are some examples:
  • for the Calscape: acoustic-guitar driven cover of Baby Got Back
  • for Jarriel and anyone else who appreciates a good zombie film: Re: Your Brains
  • for my parents and other old(er) people, and for 1990 TJHS Marching Band members: Beatles/Chicago mashup When I'm 25 or 64
  • for Scott and anyone who was captivated by curling during the Olympics: Curl
  • for Greg, the Wimble, other young dads, and Beach Boys fans: Stroller Town
I have most of his podcasts stored on my home PC, so let me know if you want me to hook you up with songs that might not be available via iTunes anymore. Plus he has a few albums on iTunes, which I've been meaning to purchase (honest!) but haven't gotten around to just yet.

No comments: