Friday, August 05, 2005

Good Luck to Sam Perlozzo

Things can't get too much worse for the hometown team these days, so here's hoping that Sam, a Cumberland native and lifetime O's fan, does well as manager. So far, so good.

Should Mazilli have been fired? I can only give my opinion, but this item from the Sun article about his firing qualifies as a fireable offense in my book:
"Players were irritated last season by Mazzilli's constant references to the Yankees"
Win or lose, at least they won't have to put up with that kind of talk around the clubhouse. Nobody deserves that (not even Palmeiro).

1 comment:

underchuckle said...

The Yankees have room for Mazilli? I had no idea that he could pitch...

This firing may turn out to be the only good thing Angelos has done in the last 8 years (other than signing Tejada). Hopefully Beattie and Flanagan are next; screw continuity in the front office, I'd like a GM(s) who checks for a pulse before hiring a manager.