Thursday, August 11, 2005

Do I Smell Bacon? Jump on the BlogWagon! Time Off.

Lots going on recently, and not much time to write about any of it. I guess it's not that surprising that in an office of 10 people, if one of them gets fired 1 or 2 people are going to have a lot more work to do. That's been my situation lately (more work; I didn't get fired), which is good in that I'm certainly not bored, but which leaves less time for everything else. I've gotten to the point where I'm going to bed at night thinking about work, something which I usually try to avoid at all costs because it just doesn't seem healthy.

Our esteemed president has lost his battle with pork. So much for being a man of principle, not wanting to waste taxpayer money. The linked article talks primarily about the new highway bill, although the new energy bill is also full of pig product. Not only is he giving up on fighting pork, but in a concession to Congress, George is expected to name Miss Piggy as his new Secretary of Transportation in the near future. Seriously, you'll see it in the news over the next week or so.

More blogs in the house! (the house being the Internets) Wethotamericanmatt: he has 23 friends according to his site, which of course made me start counting my friends - no, I don't have that many, don't be ridiculous. Also he seems fond of penguins, and really who isn't? Colarama, I suspect, will be an artistic and far-ranging blog that puts most others to shame, kinda like Pixelfish's. Time will tell, I suppose. No audioblogs/podcasts or videoblogs yet, at least not by anyone I know personally. Maybe the next ipod, rumored to have video capabilities, will change that.

Taking tomorrow off and heading to the beach for the first time in over a year, so it's doubtful I'll post until next week. Unless I kill any sharks or dolphins with my bare hands, then I'll make sure to post the photos.

No comments: