Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Final Four

I am relieved. Since after 2004's election, I assumed that our next president, no matter what party he or she belonged to, no matter what ideology he or she embraced, would be an improvement over the White House's current occupant. Then Giuliani entered the race, and promptly started threatening to bomb everyone. Uh-oh. More recently, Mike Huckabee roared into the picture, and he suggested that the Constitution needs to be Bible-cized. Hmmm, that's one faith-based initiative that sounds like a much worse idea than abstinence-only sex-ed.

Now, in the wake of Florida, we're down to two nominees apiece for each major party, and thankfully none seem as angry as Rudy or as theocratically-inclined as Huckabee. This is good. On the other hand, though, plenty of people - myself included - regarded a Bush victory as a pretty innocuous event back in 2000, so who really knows?

1 comment:

Greg Pultorak said...

I can;t comment on Hillary so I'll do it here: BAH! Luckily I already voted and our votes cancel each other out.

I'm glad you think mortgage interest rates should be frozen for 5 years by the federal government artificially inflating the housing market and setting up an even bigger crash.