Monday, August 28, 2006

Annapolis Ten-Miler, Year Three

I was actually about a minute slower last year than the year before (1:29:41), I think that's because my pace on the first two to three miles, before the course gets tough, was simply too slow. It was also as warm as humid as ever during race time (mid-eighties, temperature and humidity), and for some reason it really got to me mid-way through the race. All in all though, pretty happy with the time, considering I've been running less this summer with how hot it's been. I just need to continue to work on my pacing.

And here's where I have a complaint of this year's race that hasn't been a problem in previous years (this is an extremely well-organized event, for the most part): it would certainly help runners to monitor and adjust their pace if the mile markers were clearly visible throughout the course. I still don't know where mile one was, none of the mile markers were more than a few feet off the ground (several were at ground level), some were in the middle of water stations, not a good spot for them, IMO, and one was in the wrong spot by a healthy margin - I know that I didn't run mile 5 in 10:30 and mile 6 in 7:30.

No comments: