Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hollywood in DC

I suspect that I won't be doing as much work today as usual, since I have a window office and they're filming scenes for a movie at the Mayflower Hotel next door. What movie, you may ask? Well after I got to the office, I went out and had a look around. Based on the personalized director-style chairs that are set up on the sidewalk in front of the Mayflower - and on the other end of the block, well out of view from my window - I deduced (with some help from the Internets) that they're working on The Sentinel. It's about a Secret Service Agent who has an affair with the First Lady, then is caught up in the murder of another agent. And yes, there are some big names in this film, like Michael Douglas, Kim Basinger, Kiefer Sutherland, and Eva Longoria. Those are the people that I've been instructed by by co-workers to keep an eye out for today. I'm not too optimistic though, I doubt that the stars be heading out to the catering tables to grab a bowl of Oreos cereal (that stuff is awful; it seems like a good idea but it isn't, trust me). I hope the film crew is grateful for the weather today - it's the first day in weeks, literally, where it hasn't felt over 100 (with heat index).

No comments: