Thursday, July 07, 2005

Happy Birthday to Jenny! Stolen License Plates! When Muppets Attack!

On this day in 1977, Jenny was born in Kansas City, MO. And there is nobody more grateful for that event than me (well, maybe her parents). Happy birthday babe! I was thinking of putting a photo of her in this entry, but I did not receive prior authorization for that, so it's probably better for my general well-being if I refrain...

In other news, the front license plate was stolen off my car sometime yesterday. The front plate is the one without registration stickers, so that's somewhat bizarre. But it's also attached - was attached - with regular Phillips-head screws, while you would need a socket set and a bit more time to remove the back plates. The officer to whom I reported the plate stolen enlightened us about the O'Malley administration's creativity with crime statistics - the cop had to come out to the car and inspect the plate mount, to make sure it wasn't possible that the plate just fell off or wasn't attached properly. If an officer determines that the plate could have fallen off, then it's not a theft. How convenient for the mayor! Anyway, whatever happened, it's gone. This will cost me $20 and a trip to the MVA.

Finally, here's an amusing photo for the day - giant uni-browed muppet captures child! I'd be scared too. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesh, a very happy birthday to Jenny!
(Amy was at pottery class 'til late tonight so we'll call y'all tomorrow.)

Anonymous said...

I called yesterday because I didn't know what your plans were, and Lee's work ended up taking us out to dinner tonight, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN! (Again.)