Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sin City Review, ipod mini battery: Unstoppable!

Jenny and I took in Sin City at the cinema last night. Wow, talk about loving and hating a movie. The film is gorgeous, the cast is fantastic, the noir style felt way more immersive than I thought it would be here in 2005. But it's a brutally violent, gory movie - afterwards I felt like I should go home and take a shower, like some of the blood and guts (yes, lots of both in this film) had stained me in some way. I've read the Sin City comics so I know what Miller & Rodriguez were trying to do, and they succeeded. You were in Sin City, and that meant that you had to get slapped around some too, if only mentally and emotionally. Would I recommend this film? Without hesitation. Should you bring a date? I'd lean towards, um...."NO!". Will I see it again? Perhaps someday. I'm not masochistic enough to sit through it again anytime soon though.

The ipod mini battery? Lasted longer than I did yesterday. Started at 6:15 AM, battery indicator went to zero around 7:15 PM, when I went to bed around 1:15 AM (19 hours later), it was still going. And this with a battery that probably hasn't been fully conditioned, and with some of the mp3s encoded at a higher-than-average bit rate! So if Apple ever made a car, I suppose it would go another 200 miles or so once the fuel tank hit 'E'? Sign me up! Wait, that car would only come in white or 3 different pastel colors. Never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart the Sin City. (Of course, if you had read the comics, you knew what to expect.)

The visuals were stunning, and they did an excellent job of faithfully recreating the comics, down the pulpiest panel. But Jessica Alba should never be allowed to talk.

-Lis

Anonymous said...

And....

That's a damn fine coat you are wearing....