Friday, February 04, 2005

WarCrack

Given that I've taken to blogging - not that I've promoted it much, and to those few in my family that I have made aware of its existence, I hardly expect regular readership, but rather that I simply enjoy the process - I figured I could combine it with my other pursuit as of late, that being World of Warcraft. It's quite an addictive game, much more so by far than any other game I have had the pleasure of playing over the years.

I planned to create a new blog, calling it - ever so wittily - World of WarCrack, and use it to reflect on the game and its addictive nature, social aspects, and what a generally kick-ass playing experience it offers. It would use the address warcrack.blogspot.com. I suppose that I should've posited the existence of such a blog already, but I didn't. I was actually surprised to find that someone had beaten me to the punch. Thinking about it, though, with well over 1 million characters already playing across the world (I don't assume 1 million players because a player can create multiple characters), one player was bound to come up with the idea before me.

So now I'm toying with the idea of a Warcraft-related blog from a different angle; it would be a journal narrated by one of my characters! Brilliant! Of course, creative writing was never a strength of mine back in my school days, but this project would be different - the stories would practically write themselves as the character moved through the game, I would simply need to take dictation, and occasionally add a few embellishments. I'll have to think it over...

No comments: