Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Spree, Live!

On Saturday night, we ventured out to Ram's Head Live (our first time catching a show there) to see the Polyphonic Spree. While the acoustics were hard to judge - with 23 people on stage, the sheer cacophony can be a bit overwhelming - Ram's Head is a cool venue. As for the Spree, well it's seriously a performance that you have to experience. Any description won't do it justice, so I'm just not going to write one. We did wonder if we were seeing the energy level of a typical show, considering that it was the last night of this particular tour (and also founder and lead singer Tim DeLaughter's birthday), so I guess that means that we'll just have to see them some other time, to put that question to rest.

Not a problem at all though; they definitely go on my short list of acts that I've already seen, but that I would go see again and again, whenever opportunity presented [others on the list: the Police, Elvis Costello, Garbage, Harry Connick].

1 comment:

Ryon said...

I can never decide with these guys, if they're genius, or oforfuxxake cheesey. well, ok they're genius either way.

anyway, quite a while ago I came across this flash game/ interactive narrative experience thing while researching for my degree. Did I say researching? I meant fing about on the net. quite quite good.

http://questfortherest.com/