Thursday, January 20, 2005

Coronation Day!

Today in Washington DC, the second coronation of "W" - or as history will hopefully refer to him, George the Dim - is being celebrated. As I sit in my office across from the Mayflower Hotel, I have a fantastic view of nine motor coaches idling, rumbling in the cold, ready to engulf supporters (read: donors) and whisk them off to festivities.

Helping to guide people to the appropriate bus are people in bright red baseball caps, caps that feature a white "W" inside a white circle. Have any other presidents ever had their own personal merchandising before? These caps must be pretty exclusive; I can't find them for sale at George's online store!

I guess we should be thankful that they're not red velvet cowboy hats with a huge silver W tacked on. Who knows, that could have been the initial plan, but with the war in Iraq, the tsunami, etc., it's appropriate to tone it down some, right? Good choice, Republicans! I like your hats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bwaaa hahaha.

Grau 2012.

All the way.